Thursday, May 7, 2009

The one where I go to a ....


Another day. Another junket. Mr X's still in NYC! Yay! So I get to do some freelance work. It’s back to the junket. A 9am start to see 24: Redemption. Two hours to watch Kiefer. I don’t mind. I love 24.

Now… it’s Matt Greoening. Creator of The Simpsons. Again it’s a press conference and a lady has taken over.

I head off to meet Mr B. Him of the no shag. We meet Kira and Mr S. Now there's a story. Mr S had (well, has) cancer of the bollocks but is doing well now. He's being amazingly brave and strong. It's quite a story, but not mine to tell. We head off in Kira’s car and, eventually, head to Beverly Hills for Chinese. We’ve picked up someone new. David. It’s bugging me. Who does he look like? Anyway, we eat. Nice. Then… Kira drives us all back to Mr B's.

Kira’s talking about her family a bit. Sounds complicated. Turns out her brother used to be in Baywatch. Matt Brodie. MATT BRODIE?! You mean… David Charvet?! I’m quiet. I say nothing. I’m cool you see. Super cool. But super sadly excited for some unknown reason.

The next day
Back to the junket in the morning. The Unit. Prison Break. The Sofitel beckons.

By 2pm it’s all over. So… I head home. I’ve got a few hours to kill so I do my emails. No writing. Not to me.

Meeting time. And dinner with the Brits at Vegan Glory. Mr P and Mrs S, two Brits, are incredibly welcoming and I feel like I’m beginning to fit in. And then, come 10pm. .. it’s off to the Standard. My new friend Ms J's there. Her husband Mr B is DJing the rock night at the Standard.

By 1am I’m shattered. I have to go home. My junket starts at 9am the next morning. Still, nice to have a full day and a social life. That’s what I think.

Junket day three
An early junket start. 9am. Time for Bones. David Boreanaz, Emily Deschanel and the creator/producer. Interesting interviews. It’s all good and, by 11am. It’s over.’ve had a call from Tamara, could I come in and help out with a casting. Course! How exciting.

I got to sit on a stool and video a bunch of actors. Interesting to watch. Seeing different actors and what they do. Some rocked. Some didn’t. We only had five in and then… like a flash. It was over. I just got to hold the camera and was terrified of fucking up. There were some people there I've admired for so long and it was nice to see them do their thing through the lens.

It also surprised me that people don’t always turn up for a casting. Odd. Surely people are desperate for work or at least call in to make their apologies. Very foolish. Black marks all round.

I head home and then go over to meet Ms J at her place. I’m trying my first pinkberry – this fat free frozen yoghurt. Yum. I’m hooked. Of course. We head back to hers, chat with Mr B and her and then… it’s around 10.30/11am. Late these days. My phone is buzzing. Time to leave. Time to work. Mr X's arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment