Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The one where I see Billy Dee

No word from Mr X yet. I just know it's going to happen.

I drove down to the Luxxe Café in Santa Monica. I’m not sure where it is but I know it’s on Montana. I park up on Montana and text my friend MW. I met him at a screen writing party, I recognised him from London. I used to see him writing at Century - I gave him a nickname. Grumpy Chops. But... he's in LA now and he's cheery. No more grumpy chops. So. Yes. I'm trying to find Luxe.

Then, I look up! I’m there. It’s raining though. Pouring. So… I stay in the car. It’s too cold. MW tells me he’s in here and I’m not. As the rain breaks I head over to the café. On the plus side… MK (a friend who helps me walk the dogs) has told me she loves my pilot episode and we’re going to meet up and work on it together. Brilliant. I get to the Luxxe Café but I can only stay an hour. I have to race to Zuma. Mr X’s calling…

This time I’m prepared, I order his food and then double check – yep. It’s a tuna sub with caesar salad. Good old Spruzzo in Zuma. I bought one for me too. Why not. I’m hungry. I get there and it’s all systems go. We’re waiting to hear if the issue on the film has been sorted or not. It's a stressful time. For him, more than me. But I get affected by it all. We're in some kind of holding zone waiting to see if it's going to happen or not.

So. I'm at the house. His remote control’s not working. I need to call direct tv. His housekeeper wants a gossip. There’s admin work to do. Everyone wants a slice of Mr X right now. But we’ve got some work to get on with. We go through the meetings, the emails and general life stuff. It’s all a bit hectic. But it’s fine. The DP turns up and I’m dispatched to the supermarket and starbucks… Venti pumpkin spice latte, a latte for the DP, logs for the fire, blueberries, fresh orange juice, cheddar cheese – shredded and organic, and organic eggs.

I drive back to the house. Oh poo. The drinks have spilled all over the seat and floor. My car reeks of coffee. Back to Starbucks. I have to drive more SLOWLY then stuff like this wouldn't happen. It's hard when you have to be places quickly. Things get dropped.

When I get back, the housekeeper takes a look at my purchases. I got the wrong cheese. He likes something else. Jeeeeeesuz. Oh well. It’s cheese. It’s organic. I’m not fucking perfect. She loves to have a little dig. I’m trying not to let it rile me. Once everyone’s fed and watered I’m ready to shoot.

I’m back on the road again. My phone rings. It’s some manager. He’s got a client for the film. He won’t shut up. I get rid of him by asking him to send an email, which I forward on to Tamara and Mr X. Neither of them has a clue why they should bother with this 45-year-old individual. There’s no role for him. I emailed them both back: “Perhaps you could get him in the ring and Xxxxx could beat the crap out of him and when he asks why he got such a crap role you can explain it’s because his manager bugged your assistant.” He’s not getting a part. Especially after the manager phoned after the email. Then phoned JS. Then phoned me. Then got in touch with the casting crew. Noooooo. You're being too pushy. No one likes a pushy manager. The casting crew know what to do, the team know what they're doing and, by now, even I know what I'm doing.

I really wanted to see the sun set at Greystone Park but I’m too late. So… instead. I head to the Beverly Hills Hotel and set up camp waiting for JM. It’s our Monday night new tea ritual before we head up to LH’s. I’m a bit excited. Billy Dee’s in the house. STAR WARS!! BILLY DEE!!!! I say nothing but am very excited now. BILLY DEE! Whooop. Now that’s a Hollywood spot. I know. I’ve seen more famous, more wealthy but.. come on… BILLY DEE! By the time I head home, Nico’s on the phone. Life's a bit stressful on the home front too but we end up watching a car chase on the 101. It lasts two hours. A Bentley… we turn the tv to mute… the choppers are right above us. I think he shot himself in the end. I don’t know. I gave up and went to bed. I’ve got to meet Mr X in the morning back at the studio and then meet MK to work on my pilot. I'm tired but... it could be worse. A lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment